Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Perfect Vintage Gift


Black Lacquer Has Never Looked Better

For those who follow Scout, they know I love lacquered wood - preferably ebony - or "ebonized" for short.  I think it gives everything a great second (or third) life.  Classic, elegant and a bit edgy, you can't resist.  Nor can I.  Now, cut to today - Ted Harris, our lamp man extraordinaire, finds bowls, trays and boxes (oh my!) all year long, and holes up in his studio a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and "ebonizes" all his finds, and then proudly brings them to us for the holidays.  (Think bad souvenirs from Hawaii given a second chance in life...)

So many shapes and sizes to choose from, they are very much a Scout staple around the holidays.  Try a small bowl with red pistachios in them for your next host or hostess gift.  You'll be a star.  Tell them it was your idea.  I won't tell. 




$10 - $95

No comments:

Post a Comment