Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Coolest Green Shutter Mirror



I'm always a bit leary of things I would describe as "country" or rustic.  Too often that is a code word for "not special enough" and too often I find the look to be way overdone.  But, every once in a while I find something in the genre that blows me away. This is that piece: authentic Maine shudders, dating to the late 1890's.  The line is very clean and linear - nothing fussy.  The color is the best green I've seen in a long, long time.  And, the two lower shudders actually close over the mirror, allowing you to adjust the look depending on time of day or what's happening in your home.  This is that rare signature piece for that wall you've been saving for something this special. 

33.5" wide (shutter doors closed) 60" wide (shutter doors open)
4.5" deep (shutter doors open) x 62" high



No comments:

Post a Comment