Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Old Guard: Meet the New Guard!


I found the lamp on the left while on a "dinner trip" to see my Son in Columbus, Ohio.  Having lived in Chicago since I left college, I someimes am a bit envious of other cites and what they have to offer.  Columbus is such a city.  The German Village area for living, dining and shopping is as good as it gets anywhere.  And, with all due modesty, I've seen a lot.  The spirit and the scale and the vitality makes it very easy to come visit my Son. (Although he can't wait to get back to Chicago...go figure.)

The lamp on the right is one of Ted Harris' creations - a vent from the top of a roof attic.  Carefully and beautifully re-imagined.  Ted's work always amazes me.  And, makes me glad he came into the shop five years ago complaining about the lack of lighting.  So much has changed since those days, and much of it is due to the imagination of Ted.

$195 and $325

No comments:

Post a Comment