Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Industrial Table


I fell in love with this baby the minute I saw it.  After spending 60 years in a south side factory it was ready for our make-over.  The proportions are the best I've seen in quite some time.  And, the wood and metal combination were again brought to stunning life by our parters at Furniture Revival.  They gave the old pine a dark and glossy finish.  The metal was waxed and acid-washed to maintain all that was good about it.  I have to disappoint a few of you, because about an hour after it came into the store it found a new owner who has been shopping Scout for many years.  The first words from him were "this is the best I've seen in Scout.  Can I take it home?"  Yes, you can and yes he did.  Thanks for the loyalty of our wonderful customers.  I work to elicit those comments from you.  (I'm not going to tell you anything more about the piece, except it is going to a very good home indeed.)




No comments:

Post a Comment