Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scout is honored to be featured in CS Interiors.




Meghan McEwen, Editor of the must-read magazine CS Interiors has been a wonderful supporter of Scout since we met the first couple months we were open.  She has become a professional friend, whose gracious and authentic voice is only surpassed by her written voice - which has an elegant and real point of view - every time!  When she told me she wanted to write about "that thing you do with vignettes," two things were confirmed:  first, she knows me and Scout better than I do, and second, she'll capture what I am and what I do with an honesty and insight only capable of an amazing writer who knows what she is writing about.  I am humbled and made giddy by her words.  And, Anthony's eye made me and Scout look better than we've ever have a right to look. 

Meghan, thanks for six wonderful years of you figuring out what I'm doing.  (Does your husband know we've been carrying on all this time? If you want to tell him, I'll stand by you ... really, I will ....)


    Click on pages for bigger view!


    Scout is prominently featured on page 58 and 60...



                                                      
    Anthony told me to trust him - "just sit on the piece in the window and act normal"  - so, I did.  I still trust him.


                                          

    Ted Harris' lamps and Michelle Peterson-Albandoz's
    wood construction pieces were photographed
    vignette-style by photographer Anthony Tahlier.


                                                      
    New Breed Furniture Network's incredible table - now in my dining room.  (Owning the joint does come with a few nice perks!)


    1 comment:

    1. So now you've temporarily owned three of my dining tables, so I'm curious, which is your favorite?

      Thanks for the mention in CS magazine, I can't wait to get more inspired pieces into your great store.

      I am looking forward to building an assortment of tops for your collection of found metal bases. I am really looking forward to showcasing them at Scout this Spring/Summer at our own show. Let the collaboration between shop keep and craftsmen begin!

      John Lindsay
      New Breed Furniture Network

      ReplyDelete