Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Here fishy, fishy!


Since we opened 6 years ago, we've sold 5 - count 'em - FIVE full-sized swordfish and/or sailfish.  (I say "and/or" because I really don't have a clue as to what makes one a swordfish versus a sailfish, but I guess if I thought about it long enough, I'd figure it out...but, I have so many other things to think about...LOL)

The gentleman who is responsible for all these wonderful fish on our walls is Ron Eng, who owns Precision Sign.  You got, it - our signmaker loves to do this in his spare time.  When I say, "do this" I mean, take old fish and beautifully reconstruct them and paint them like the pro he is.  It is truly a labor of love.  So, here's to you Ron, for one hellava SCOUT sign outside, and one heckava school of fish inside.  We love you for it.

Full size swordfish - almost 9 feet long
head-coming-out-of-the-wall version - almost 55" long, but doesn't feel that way because of how it come-out-of-the-wall!




No comments:

Post a Comment